Tuesday, December 16, 2014

LOL don't trust shrink plastic ... or at least ... have extra! ;)



These were cut at the same time (with a 2" hexie template), and put in the oven at the same time. 

After 6 minutes in the oven, Nelly was done (it needed a TINY bit of a flattening out) but Nikki - aiaiyaiyaiyaiyaiYAI!!!

They're supposed to be finished in under 3 minutes, and they're supposed to flatten themselves.  Apparently that's not a given :D  Will redo Nikki and cross my fingers, lol!
Post edit!  Finally I got it right - I preheated the toaster oven for 5 minutes with the baking tile (covered with tin foil) inside - when I put this one in it was finished in 40 seconds, start to finish!  Hopefully I'll remember this with the next one, lol!

4 comments:

  1. put it back in the oven, it just needs a bit more time. You can see that some areas are sort of stretched which shows it's not finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that weird Sandra! I had problems with shrink plastic doing something similar but I thought that it was because I had put the plastic in the fan oven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good to know! As soon as I find my shrinky dinks, I'll be giving this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm sure I'd start a fire!!! Well done on getting both finished successfully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails