Friday, August 1, 2014

This is why I love my neighbour :D

One Pot Chili Mac & Cheese
My neighbour emailed me a link to this recipe this afternoon - holy macaroni chili Batman, that's my kind of meal!    10 minutes later she called me on the phone and told me to meet her at our shared fence :D  I ran outside and she handed me the bowl over the fence, lol.  Believe me - it's as good as it looks - it gets thumbs up from the 3 of us!  I'll make a pot of it this weekend so I can send some home with DS1 the next time he comes over - thank you Maria!!

Here are a few finishes from the last couple of days - first up is a denim zippy, made using a pair of hubby's worn out work jeans :D  The stitching on the back is something I've started doing on some of my zippies - very random and organic :D


 Here's a tall zip pocket pouch from Michelle Patterns - I love this pattern (it comes in 3 sizes) - it's quick to make up, and very useful :D   I've made quite a few of these :)


I don't know why the background of this picture is so yellow - the other basement pics I took are different - very strange :D  This is a 10" x 16" lined drawstring gift bag I made using some seersucker fabric that was given to me by a friend :)


4 comments:

  1. Awesome denim zippy with the car applique!!! Love the stitching on the back, too. Lucky you having a neighbour who cooks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some sweet finishes, Sandra! Wonder how much MORE sewing you will get to if you make this recipe (I love one pot recipes - such time savers!) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look tempting Sandra, isn't your neighbour a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have lovely neighbours :) And you've made a wonderful collection of pouches. I think you may have to start a shop soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails