Friday, July 13, 2012

Open wide!

Thanks to Anna Noodlehead and her fantastic tutorial I've learned a new technique, so open wide and check it out!  Even though I've sewn dozens of zipper bags, I was nervous about this zipper installation because it was different than any I've done before.  The zipper extends past the edge of the bag, allowing it to be "opened wide" - so very handy!





I LOVE IT!! It was no more difficult than any other zippy I've made - it just took a bit more time.  The one change I made to the tutorial was to cut out 1" squares from the bottoms to box them, instead of the folded method in the tutorial.  One other thing I would do next time is to trim the seams at the zipper, so I can press that area flat.  Other than that I followed the tutorial exactly, with marvelous results.

Not only does she give a fantastic tutorial - here - she also provides us with a slightly different version in multiple sizes - here - you can bet I'll be making these in all the sizes, lol!  THANK YOU ANNA!

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Sandra. I bookmarked this tutorial when it came out and still haven't made it. Maybe my next project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey well done Sandra, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted this, because I've pinned Anna's tutorial ready to make. Your zippered pouch looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's cute - that's how I do my corners too, so much easier, I think. That's a great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds as if you were going to the dentist or gyno...lol....shhh did I say that....lol
    Love this zipper bag though...love the fabric.
    Well done...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out great. Love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you enjoyed it! turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails